D23 Expo: Extensive Details About Coming Pixar Films
14 August 2015
Disney's annual D23 Expo is underway, and the Pixar panel this afternoon had a host of juicy information about Pixar's upcoming films. Here's a quick roundup of the news:
The Good Dinosaur
- Landscape shots that were shown are described as extremely beautiful and realistic.
- An emotional clip was shown where Arlo (the dinosaur) and Spot (the boy), unable to verbally communicate, bond over lost family members.
- Very positive feedback overall.
- Dory: Ellen DeGeneres
- Marlin: Albert Brooks
- Nemo: Hayden Rolence
- Dory's Mom, Jenny: Diane Keaton
- Dory's Dad, Charlie: Eugene Levy
- Hank the Octopus: Ed O'Neill
- Bailey the Beluga Whale: Ty Burrell
- Destiny the Whale Shark: Kaitlin Olson
- Many of the cast including Ellen DeGeneres, Ty Burrell, Ed O'Neill appeared on-stage at the event.
- Animators are having fun with Hank, the octopus and his camouflage and walking animations.
- Destiny and Bailey have brother/sister relationship, but Bailey thinks his bulging Beluga Whale forehead is an injury, and Destiny believes she's a whale.
Coco (Lee Unkrich's Dia de los Muertos film)
- Official name Coco announced today.
- A young boy, Miguel, is the lead character and plays guitar.
Toy Story 4
- Bo Peep will return in Toy Story 4!
- The film is primarily a love story between Woody and Bo Peep after Woody and Buzz set off to find her.
Thanks to @osteoferocious and other D23 attendees who live-Tweeted news from the event.